Saturday, July 18, 2009
Seventy times seven (times two)
Here's an update on that situation. The Bible study group met Thursday for lunch at one of the member's homes, and the "leader" is the friend I was talking about who keeps hurting me and she was there. (She told me I could still go to this lunch even though I'm not interested in being in that study group anymore.) The mood was really somber, even the grace before the meal mentioned asking God to help everyone stay friends, and it just felt like (to me) that everyone was trying to make me feel guilty for quitting. Several months ago I told my friend something that I was really self-conscious about and then last month I was crying to her that not many people at church talk to me, and out of nowhere she scolded/lectured me that more people would talk to me if I didn't have that problem! I said how DARE you bring that up! (Her idea of apologizing was telling me she was only trying to help!) I cut ties with her, but I'm realizing (with horror) that I've been through three Bible studies with her so she has a plethora of "dirt" on me because I shared my heart. She now tells me that since I'm not sharing anything with her, she's not going to share anything with me. Well, whoopie-doo, she has never shared anything with me, her heart has always been guarded so she looks like the "strong" one of the bunch. (She has also told me to my face that she enjoys watching me struggle with life because it makes her feel strong.) I'm really nervous that she's going to scold me for my other faults that she knows about, at another inappropriate time, and I will be hurt again. At any rate, I have been praying that God will help me forgive her and that he will comfort me from being totally turned off by her. But it really takes the cake that she's making me out to be the bad guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this. It isn't right for her to be acting that way. As a follower of Christ she is acting inappropriately. I hope God shows her how wrong she is.
ReplyDelete