Saturday, March 19, 2011

Six Word Saturday (3/19/11)

I'm going to be a mother-in-law

My oldest son is partial to St. Patrick's Day because that's his middle name, and since January he had been planning to propose to his girlfriend on that day.  Although there was a lot of unrelated drama (a physical fight with my husband about the price of the ring, which I missed out on because I was at Bible study), the end result is my son popped the question after his girlfriend got off work.  I was very upset thinking that this event he planned was ruined because my husband can't mind his own business, but again if I look at it from my son's point of view, he still got engaged!

They haven't updated their news on Facebook yet so I haven't told anyone except my counselor (and now everyone reading this, a whopping three people).  I want to be openly happy for them and excited about gaining a new daughter, so I hope they publicly announce it soon.

They hope to have the actual wedding sometime after my son's Air Force basic and tech school but before he gets stationed somewhere, so that Zoe can go with him, so probably September-ish.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats & so sorry about the fight. Yay for September that's my birthday month !!! Lol.
    Congrats on a soon to be Daughter in law. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son! I hope the fight never overshadows his happiness. I'm sorry your husband felt the need to do that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that's so great! Congrats to them and to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want