School is going to start soon
Monday is my kids' first day of school. My youngest son will be in 5th grade, so this is the last year I'll have someone in elementary school. My daughter will be in 6th grade, the first year of middle school. My son I'm not too worried about because he's a happy funny little kid with lots of friends. And I shouldn't be worried about my daughter either but I kind of am. My husband discussed this with me yesterday so I do feel better about it, but all summer I've been dreading her going to 6th grade. Sixth grade is when my life really started to suck, honestly. That was the age when the kids in my school would start going to the mall with their friends, to movies, get-togethers, and the girls were boy-crazy and you were "nobody" if you didn't have a boyfriend. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere except to church and two youth groups, but my parents refused to drive me so I'd have to find rides from people. I just remember from 6th grade till I graduated from high school I spent a mind-boggling amount of time alone in my room and most of the time I wanted to die. So it makes sense that I would be worrying about my daughter starting to have to deal with this.
My husband said that my daughter is a totally different person than me. She has lots of friends (and she knows which of her friends will be going to the same middle school so she's not worried about being alone). She is athletic, pretty, and outgoing. Me and my husband are willing to take her places. Her circumstances are different than mine were, so she should be just fine.
I'm thinking about posting this video on my Facebook on Monday for the start of school, but I'm not so scared for her anymore.


Great song , this yr is the last for my son in grade school. Next yr the step to middle school. It's tough things have changed so much. We live in a Apt complex and its hard a lot of bullying and kids think it is alright. My oldest girl gets treated bad by many kids here. I'm so glad we have them in a different school cause kids can be so mean.
ReplyDeleteHoping for a Awesome school yr for both.