Guess What? I Got Another Job!
God answered my prayers that I've basically been saying since my birthday back in July. I applied at two places online in the last couple months, and the first place contacted me on 9/11 and offered me a job. So far I've only done one five-minute audio for them (and have two more small ones to do this weekend). But I'm thrilled and ever-thankful! Now I can make a little more money and feel a little more needed.
The only other thing going on this week is that my mother told me that my oldest son and his wife were driving to my brother's house in Kansas, and my parents were meeting up with them there. And, surprise-surprise, my sister was bragging on Facebook that she was in Kansas for the weekend too! My mother claimed that my son told her that they were probably coming here (since his wife's family lives here too). But technically I haven't talked to him since Mother's Day. It doesn't help that my husband doesn't like him so I don't blame them if they skip us when they're in town. But he has a younger brother and sister here, and then my oldest son and wife get sent to Italy for two years. I always feel like I'm not going to live long enough to see them when they get back.
In other news, I bought Lysa TerKerst's book "Unglued" and it's pretty good so far and I'll probably talk about it next Saturday.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want