Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gifts and fathers

Today is Father's Day. I have so much anxiety trying to get gifts that will be liked. My oldest son and I went to Auto Zone and got a wrench set for the Porsche. It wasn't cheap so I knew it'd be a good present. (I know that sounds shallow.) Speaking of fathers, recently I listened to one of Ray Pritchard's sermons about Abraham and Isaac, how God should be the most important thing to you and not your job, money, status, children, etc., and it's really got me thinking ever since! What if parents are just a means to get certain people in the world that God wants to use (no matter who the child is raised by or how well), and me spending tortured nights worrying if I'm doing a good job is just a waste of time. Ray said, "Hold lightly what you value greatly because it isn't yours anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want