Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Caring for Carleigh Reading (Chapter 3)

Have you ever been at a loss for words when trying to comfort another? If you've endured a loss, in what ways have people shown you they cared? How have you shown others you care?

Oh yes, has it ever been hard for me to comfort someone. Even though I feel just awful for them, I sense their pain myself and cry myself, and I find it hard to know what to say. With the losses I’ve endured, I felt the most cared about when people listened to me and when they showed that they believed I was hurting. I try to show others that I care by just being there for them. When my friend hurt her back, I loved doing errands for her. When another friend of mine was hospitalized from complications of lupus, I went to visit her, brought her flowers, etc. I think just being available for people helps a lot.

What fears do you have that you feel you should give to God?

Well, I think most everyone knows I’m scared of not being needed, scared of being forgotten, scared of dying. This is so stupid but I’m hanging onto it because I think even God wouldn’t need me and even God would forget me. It’s just hard. I’m also afraid that my kids are going to grow up badly and that I will be blamed.

3 comments:

  1. Being availaible for people who are hurting is really great. Talk is cheap. And actions really do speak louder than words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Holly. You won't be forgotten here on earth, for surely your life has impacted another's. But our Lord created you therefore will never forsake, or forget. He has a big purpose for you, one big enought to create your life in the first place. Even if you don't feel that way presently, He has plans for you. And they are NOT to be forgotten about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a award waiting for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want