Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Caring for Carleigh reading (Intro/Prologue)

In the intro to "In Faithfulness, He Afflicted Me," Lynnette said she's grateful for her journey, and it just blows me away because when I look at my journey, I just think "I wish that never happened," "I wish I hadn't done that," "I wish so-and-so was still here," etc. When she described losing Anna in the Prologue, my heart beat so fast. I felt like I was there and I cried and cried. Wow, and the book hasn't even started.

Have there been times in your life that God has shown you that He cares or that He is near?

Yes. I love music and God knows this. There have been times in the past couple years where I have been hurt by someone or just feel sad about other things, and every single time a song will either come on the car radio, Youtube, embedded in webpages I'm surfing or videos on TV that directly relate to how I feel at that moment. An example, last summer a bunch of us went to a friend's house way out in the desert and I was panicking and upset about trying to remember the way home. One of my friends said I could follow her till the street she needed to turn at and I was pretty sure I would know the way from that point. So we get to that street, her car turned off the road and all of a sudden I felt very alone and scared. So I prayed in my car (well, actually yelled in my car because I felt like I was going to panic again) and told God how scared I was and how alone I felt. I had the Christian station from Sirius satellite on, and the next song I heard after I prayed was by Meredith Andrews "You're Not Alone." It was the first time I ever heard that song, and I was crying AND laughing because it felt like God was talking right to me! Here are the lyrics to the chorus:

You're not alone
For I am here
let me wipe away your every tear
My love I've never left your side
I have seen you through the darkest nights
And I'm the one that's loved you all your life
All your life

3 comments:

  1. I felt like I was there too. She described it so vividly. It's amazing how songs can speak to us. I love listening to music because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God finds a way to reach you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so great. Great post. :)
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want