Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Caring for Carleigh Reading (Chapter 6)

I don't really know what to think about Kyle's business adventure. I wonder what he must have been thinking taking a risk like that when he had a wife and kids to support! I'd rather be married to someone who made minimum wage consistently than worrying about if money came in AT ALL. Wow.

A new pregnancy is mentioned in this chapter too, and there is something "wrong" with the baby. I hated the way the doctor behaved and I'm seething. I wonder why it is that some doctors can't give any hope to parents like Lynnette and Kyle (and my mom and dad too). Before this little girl is even born, the first doctor is rendering her useless. I liked the second doctor much better, how he explained the things he could do to help their baby.

Are there things in your life you imagined different? The last 25 years have been a real roller coaster for me. I look back on it all and wonder what I was supposed to have learned from it. As a kid I always dreamed of being married and having kids, and I do have that now, even though I took a detour (or ten) to get here.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like how that dr reacted either. A lot of parents are affected how the drs treat the situation.

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want