Wow, I don't know about anyone else but I cried so much reading these two chapters about Anna's death and funeral. It touched me so deeply when her parents sang to her as she was dying. I thought it was the coolest freaking thing that Lynnette told Anna that Jesus was there and would help her. I mean, it's sad that Anna was dying but it made me feel almost good, gave hope even.
When my ex-friend J's father was dying in a hospital, his church arranged for their harp player to go to his hospital room and played for a while. A couple days later he passed away, but J loved the fact that one of the last things he got to hear on earth was this beautiful music. I know I'm going on a tangent here, but that reminds me of a really old movie called Soylent Green. When old people were ready to die, they went to this office and got to watch films of beautiful scenery while listening to lovely music as they died. At any rate, I said all that to say again that having people sing about Jesus to me if I were dying sounds like an amazingly peaceful way to die.

I agree. I thought that was wonderful and I would love for myself to have peaceful music surrounding me.
ReplyDeleteThanx for sharing that My Grandma always loved listening to music. I remember the day she had her stroke. I turned on her favorite tape. I don't know to this day if she could hear it or not but she usually had it on any other time I was there. I held her hand and a few hrs later she passed on. At the service they played her favorite How Great Thou Art & Amazing Grace. I hear those today & get a chill. Thanx for the nice comment on my blog. {{HUGS}}
ReplyDeleteCaroline