After the Rachel's Vineyard retreat I went to in 2010, the coordinators of the retreat have been active in pro-life things (going to the rally in Santa Fe for the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, etc.). At first, coming from a post-abortive standpoint, it feels kind of hypocritical to stand for something pro-life when you had one taken away. But lately I've been feeling like I'm pro-life as in "I don't want anyone else to go through the same hell I am."
Usually during Lent there is a 40 Days For Life (pro-life) prayer campaign going on, where it lists clinics in your area that daily prayer vigils are being held at. You can also do fasting, either for a meal every day or give up something important for the 40 days (like you would for Lent). This time it's from September 26 to November 4, probably to coincide with the election.
There aren't any vigils being held in my city. Since I can't physically give up food for health reasons, I've been fasting from ... Facebook! My public P.R. reason or "spin" on it though is that I'm sick of all the political posts so I'm not signing in till the election. (Which isn't exactly a lie but it's not actually the real reason I'm not on there.) Now that I had been forced in August to convert to the Timeline, I had started to play Mahjong there a lot and listen to music on that wonderful app, Spotify. Oh, I do miss them! But I signed up for the 40 Days For Life daily emails and devotionals for this campaign, and honestly they are really helping and blessing me. It's so worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want