My friend M from the Rachel's Vineyard retreat I went to in 2010 and I are registered to go to the R.V. retreat taking place next month. In a way, I'm excited, because once you've done two retreats you are eligible to help out with future retreats. I think it will be extremely healing for me to help others in the future with this.
The only part I am dreading is the memorial service on the last day when I have to put the little doll representing Claudia in the cradle. I remember from the last retreat that for quite a while I couldn't even think about that ritual without crying. My therapist has told me that he would discuss that worry with me and help me get through it. And ... he wants to go to this second retreat's memorial service with me! YEAH!
The first retreat was held at a bed and breakfast about 30 minutes away near the mountains, but this one is going to be held at a large rented house that's a whopping three-minute drive from me. Funny! Some retreat, eh?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want