Saturday, February 2, 2013

Six Word Saturday (2/2/13)


Sometimes My Husband Is Really Funny

We went to McAlisters deli Sunday night for dinner.  We were dismayed that the Muzak in the restaurant was playing a bunch of songs we never heard before (in other words, made after 1995, LOL).  Then "I Can't Go For That" by Hall & Oates started (yay, 1982!).  My husband was subtly chair dancing and singing along - we were so happy!  And then every time John Oates sang "No, no!  No can do!," my husband would put his index finger across his upper lip like John Oates' mustache.  I couldn't eat because I was laughing so hard!

Our dog Hershey likes to sleep with us at night.  He snuggles right next to your chest under the covers.  Even though he's a small chihuahua mix, his little body generates some serious heat!  Then my husband gets too hot and he hands Hershey over to me, always announced with a nickname.  "Please take Peter the Heater!"  "Your turn for Volcano Vic!"  Thursday night's nickname still makes me laugh.  "I've had enough of Mr. Blowtorch!"

Unrelated:  Wednesday night we watched my daughter in her dance class recital.  She was in a group that danced to a square dance/line dance type song and an Orient related dance to Kung Fu Fighting and a Chinese song displaying their flexibility.  The 8th graders did a belly dance type of song.  I thought they did a really good job with the costumes this year.

Today is my sister's 44th birthday.  She has never married.  I feel like she drinks too much too, since she was 13.  Although I'm really mad at her for her opinion about me getting an abortion ("She can't take care of herself let alone a baby" - and my parents listened to her at 15 years old when she hated me), I can't help but think her being a drunk judgmental spinster still at her age is some kind of punishment for saying that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want