A Birthday and A Little Dog
First I just want to say that I've gotten a few typing jobs this week too. I'm so grateful that God has blessed me again.
My youngest son turned 12 on Wednesday. We bought him a bunch of things for his Xbox.
Thursday my daughter ditched school again. At first she said she had a headache and she took some medicine and wanted to stay home till it kicked in, but she ended up stalling about it all day. I was furious because we don't want her to stay home so much, and my husband had told her he would drive home from work and drag her to school himself if she tried it again. I was too scared to call him because I knew I would actually be the one he would yell at for not being tough enough to "make" her go to school. I just remember when I was her age how it felt to be teased or whatever, so it's really hard for me to be firm. But she abuses that knowledge.
So Friday I'm determined that she get to school. On the way out to the car, the kids saw a little dog walking around. My daughter picks him up and puts him in my lap in the car. She's begging to go get him some food. I automatically think she's trying to get out of going to school again, so I told her to put him down and I would give him some food if he was still around when I got home. She was extremely angry with me all the way to school, saying that if he gets sent to the pound that he only has 10 days to live (even though I told her they would check for a microchip to give him back to his family). She had a point: he was very thin and only had a rabies tag on and no address tag so he probably didn't have anyone looking for him. I just can't stand it that people do that when they don't want their pets any more. When I got home, he was nowhere. Every time my dogs barked, I went outside thinking he might be around. I'm kicking myself so bad because I could have told my daughter to quickly get one of the Cesar dog meals and a leash, have the dog eat in the car on the way to their school, and then I could walk him on the leash into our house and I could've took him to a vet to see if he was microchipped. I just hate that feeling "I should have done X."


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want