Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Caring for Carleigh Reading (Chapter 8)

In case anyone was wondering, as an update to my previous post, I didn't go to the baby shower after all, last second decision (I had my keys in my hand walking to the car and I turned around and went back inside!). I know my good ol' counselor's going to nitpick this to death when I mention it tomorrow.

I loved the matter-of-fact way Lynnette described Anna's conditions but at the same time still talked about her like the sweet baby she was (like how the doctors let them be with Anna for a bit after she was born, just like you would with a baby with no problems). I liked how she wondered what Anna's future would hold (as far as having kids of her own, etc.) - things a mother of a healthy baby would ponder. By this time I was wishing Lynnette was my mom, LOL.

Have you incorporated any healthier living into your family? That would be a big fat no. My husband will only eat two vegetables, corn and potatoes. My kids are even pickier eaters than that. My sister is really big into eating healthy (no red meat, etc.) and she ruins every family occasion by critiquing everyone's food choices. I wouldn't even know where to begin to start eating healthier.

[Mentioning yet another rude doctor Lynnette encountered.] Have you encountered any doctors like this? Yes, lots, just from my own experience growing up. Even though I was young, I understood most of what they were saying as they told my parents dire things about me, like I wasn't even in the room.

1 comment:

  1. That's ok that you didn't go. My husband is picky too! I think those are the only 2 veggies he'll eat too. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want