Sunday, September 20, 2009

Galatians

Today was the first class of the fall semester for Galatians at church. It's being taught by the same couple who taught Genesis last time. I was at a different (bad) "place" emotionally during the last church/school year because it really upset me that the people in my class didn't include me in stuff outside of class. Like I only got invited to one baby shower and one potluck. Anyway, the teacher emailed me a couple months ago letting me know he was teaching Galatians, so I'm going, but only to study Galatians. It's the same exact people as last time in the class too, but this time I'm trying not to hope for friendship with anyone there. Today was mostly talking about the timeline of when Galatians was written, and it was kind of tedious, but hopefully next week we'll actually get to start at Gal. 1:1, LOL.

I decided to quit the handbell choir after last week's horrible practice (and nobody caring that I was upset, just passing me off as "you'll get better") and also the pastor's study class that was before practice (where I felt like a kindergardener in calculus class). So I won't have to go to church twice on Wednesdays anymore, just once for counseling.

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame that you didn't get included in things And no matter what was going on with you being included I think would have helped. I know it does me. I do hope they do a good job of teaching for you to.
    Also it is sad that nobody cared that you were upset about practice. I'm saying a prayer for you. Hoping things get better.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is awful when a group leaves someone out. Shame on them!! I'm glad you are going to study Galatians. It will be good to study God's word and learn more!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want