Sunday, November 15, 2009

Felt like a celebrity

I've been going to church for 22 months and nobody ever sits by me (except when my in-laws came down last Easter, and the Easter before that when it was packed some teenager had to sit by me, and I could tell he was thrilled). So most of the time I have to picture Jesus sitting with me (I know it sounds childish but it works). Then Friday an idea popped into my head - I could just plop down next to the pastor's wife who sits in the front row. I know that sounds pushy of me. But I figured I couldn't lose because it's not like she can get up and leave. And even if people can tell what a bad disgusting person I am, a pastor's wife should probably like anybody, so she'd probably tolerate me sitting by her. So I was all gung-ho about it this morning but I found out she's in Iowa right now. But I did tell the pastor my evil plot and he said next week I could surely sit by her when she's back.

Anyway, when church was over, I went out in the hallway and my Sunday school teacher was going to go with me to get coffee, and this lady from the handbell choir comes up to me, hugs me, even kisses me and is saying how glad she is to see me - I mean, totally acting like I was the coolest person. I was so shocked. I thought people from bells hated me because I quit. Wow, it felt great. It was like a total 180 -- one minute I'm having to pretend Jesus is sitting next to me because everyone else thinks I'm disgusting and the next minute I'm Britney Spears to this lady. Wow. It made my DAY!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that this lady made you feel so good! I hope this continues!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want