Friday, January 8, 2010

FACEBOOK rocks sometimes!!!

I went to a Christian summer camp in Wisconsin back in the early 80s, and I met a girl Lisa and we went everywhere in camp together (even though she had a crush on one of the camp counselors, Howie, so I basically went where she went WHERE HE WENT). We kept in touch through college and in the summer of '87 we went to Cornerstone festival together (it's like camping with a bunch of different Christian band concerts taking place during the festival). Once I got married the first time in 1991 we lost touch with each other.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I was thinking about the 15th coming up and I remembered how Lisa invited me up to her house a couple weeks after it originally happened, so I tried looking her up on peoplefinders.com because I still remember her birthday, and I found out what her married name was (and she goes by "Melisa" now). For the heck of it I searched on Facebook for her and she had an account!!! So about five days ago I sent her a friend request and said that we went to summer camp together and to Cornerstone '87. I thought I either had the wrong person or she was blowing me off because I didn't hear anything back, but tonight I just logged into Facebook after I finished my typing job and she accepted my friend invite! She has twin babies, they look like they're about 9 months old, WOW!!!

Hey, God, it's hard to be depressed when you keep surprising me with all these blessings. THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome who you can connect with. I'm glad you found her!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want