Friday, February 5, 2010

God is cool

I had a hard night last night and this morning my husband hung up on me, and I felt like I was hanging off a cliff. I feel so low when people are unhappy with me and make comments about me (especially from my own husband and kids). Last year my counselor gave me a bookmark called Who I Am In Christ, and it lists things like "I am a saint" and the Bible verse it comes from so NOBODY can dispute them, not even my husband, because they're all from the Bible so they're true. I can't find mine now so I ended up calling my counselor today to see if he had any more bookmarks, and he said he'd leave some on the table outside his office so I could pick them up on my way to volunteering (so I did). I rave about them so much, and I even left one at the volunteer place (and they are going to see if they can order some as tracts to put in with people's Bible lessons! COOL!).

On my way to the church, I was crying and praying why would God want to listen to me since I'm going stark-raving-mad and feel insane and everyone is unhappy with me, and Sirius/XM sattelite station The Message (Christian) played "Held" by Natalie Grant AND "By Your Side" from Tenth Avenue North. I thought that was so neat. God is with me even when I'm thinking I'm not even making sense

Then when I went to volunteer, I finished all the students' lessons in my pile, and one of the managers asked me if I could stay longer and do another pile. I said I would stay till I got hungry. I sat down to type someone's diploma for completing a course, and not even a minute later a lady came in the office saying she was selling taco plates for $5 (two tacos, rice, beans and salsa). Isn't that funny?! So I got one and was able to stay for a lot longer than I would've if I had only eaten breakfast.

Well, in case I lose my bookmark again, I'm going to post what it says, here. I read it and I feel so special and so good about myself.

WHO I AM IN CHRIST


I am Accepted ...


Jn. 1:12 I am God's Child.

Jn. 15:15 I am Christ's Friend.

Rom. 5:1 I have been justified.

1 Cor. 6:17 I am united with the Lord (one spirit).

1 Cor. 6:19-20 I am bought with a price; I belong to God.

1 Cor. 12:27 I am a member of Christ's Body.

Eph. 1:1 I am a saint.

Eph. 1:5 I have been adopted as God's child.

Eph. 2:18 I have access to God thru the Holy Spirit.

Col. 1:14 I have been redeemed and forgiven.

Col. 2:10 I am complete in Christ.


I am Secure ...


Rom. 8:1-2 I am free forever from condemnation.

Rom. 8:28 I am assured all works together for good.

Rom. 8:31-34 I am free from any charge against me.

Rom. 8:35-39 I cannot be separated from the love of God.

2 Cor. 1:21-22 I am established, anointed, sealed by God.

Col. 3:3 I am hidden with Christ in God.

Phil. 1:6 I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected.

Phil. 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.

2 Tim. 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Heb. 4:16 I can find grace and mercy in time of need.

1 Jn. 5:18 I am born of God; the evil one cannot touch me.


I am Significant ...


Matt. 5:13-14 I am the salt and light of the earth.

Jn. 15:1,5 I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life.

Jn. 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.

Acts 1:8 I am a personal witness of Christ's.

1 Cor. 3:16 I am God's temple.

2 Cor. 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.

2 Cor. 6:1 I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9).

Eph. 2:6 I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.

Eph. 2:10 I am God's workmanship.

Eph. 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.



2 comments:

  1. What a great bookmark and so glad to hear you feel good. I love all those verses thanx for sharing it.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that bookmark. We are so much in Christ! And I love how God has done the little things.

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want