Anyone want a beagle puppy - cheap?
I'm just kidding but, man, this dog is getting more annoying by the day. We don't want her getting into stuff so we keep her locked in the kitchen with a baby gate. It was cute that she figured out how to open the baby gate. So we started locking it. Then she figured out how to lunge at the gate and knock it over. So Chris drilled wood on both sides of the door frame and duct taped the gate to the wood. She chewed through all the duct tape. So now he has baling twine (a strong type of wire) holding the gate to the wood and now that's at least holding her in. One of these days she will grow big enough to jump over the gate, I'm sure.
My husband is funny sometimes because Savannah will do something wrong and he'll scold her and say, "How would you like me to take your collar off and let you run away?" And I chime in, "She's microchipped." "Dang!"
She's doing fairly good about housebreaking (going outside to potty), but for a while we'd wake up every morning to a puddle in the kitchen. Then the other two dogs decided they shouldn't have to go outside anymore either so I started finding wet spots on the carpet. Come ON!
We do let Savannah sleep with us all night. I sleep on my left side, and she curls up all the way under the blankets in the curve of my knees so she keeps me warm. My other little dog Hershey sleeps with me in my arms and his little body generates some serious heat! So by the time I wake up in the morning I'm actually pretty hot.
So far I have taught Savannah how to sit and how to shake hands. I need to teach her how to "come here" and "stay" and to not jump on people.
Happy 6 Word Saturday. If you want to join in the fun, link to Show My Face.



Such a cute dog. I remember when I was growing up a dog we had in the house and somehow got my parents checkbook. What a mess Checks all over the place. I told my Dad so glad that dog didn't know how to write, LOL. Good Luck !! My hubby wants a dog for in the house right now I have enough to do, maybe in a couple yrs.
ReplyDeleteHappy 6WS
Caroline