Monday, April 19, 2010

More healing in a surprising way

My son's girlfriend used to live next door to us with her uncle, but her mother got out of rehab/jail so she now lives with her.  Ian's getting things purchased for prom, and since Somara doesn't live with her uncle anymore (and her mother just works at KFC right now) I thought I would help Ian out and pay for some things for Somara, maybe even go with her to get them!!  She still needs to buy her shoes, get her nails done and then on the day of the prom she's getting her hair done at a salon.  I know it's going to cost about two hundred, but I feel surprisingly thrilled being able to do this!  I know I missed Claudia having a prom and Melanie's still too young for prom.

I'm thinking it's the same "theme" as my post about Perry:  I have something missing in my life and I give the exact thing that I want, to someone else.  It makes my heart feel wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. It does make you feel good to be able to help out when you can. I started making a crosstitch item for some baby lost moms on here. It makes me feel good that maybe I can put a smile on someones face. Glad you are getting to help her out.
    Oh I have been meaning to ask you to message me your address I have something for you to.
    {{HUGS}}
    caroline

    ccmomma6@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so kind for you to do that! I'm sure she is grateful! Helping others does feel great!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want