Saturday, April 13, 2013

Six Word Saturday (4/13/13)

Not That Much Is Going On

Last Saturday night my husband took me and the kids (plus my daughter's friend) to Uno's for dinner.  We had wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse but there was a huge wait.  I still got a steak and a couple glasses of wine at Uno's though.

Monday we went to the library and there was road construction en route.  It was scary also because it was really windy that day.  My daughter ran the books in for me and helped find an alternate route home so I wouldn't be so nervous.  I didn't request any new books.

In counseling we're kind of doing "empty chair" therapy (where you pretend a certain person is in a chair).  My therapist's cell phone vibrated and I could hear it, so we talked about that, how I forgot I was supposed to ask him if I was important as the caller was.  I think it's strange that I have to alter my behavior like that for him instead of him just turning the stupid phone off and leaving it on the floor in plain sight (because he claims he's scared he'll forget to turn it back on when my session's over). 

I finished the assignments every day of Week 1 of the Mindfulness book I'm reading.  The short meditation focused on your breath, the routine activity I made myself fully aware of was taking out the garbage, and the "habit releaser" I used was sitting in a different chair than normal when I ate.  I read this week's chapter and the meditation is twice as long but I only have to do it twice a day for six days instead of all seven like the first week.

Right now my dog Hershey is at Petsmart getting groomed.  I don't know why they say his appointment's at 10 because we got there and they told me he'd be there waiting for three or four hours.  Next month after Princess gets her rabies shot, she will be getting groomed too, but maybe I will have it done during the week and there won't be such a long wait for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want