Easter, Extraction, Egg McMuffins and Mindfulness
We didn't go to church this Easter. Well, I'm the only one who would've gone anyway but I watched Northpoint Online's service instead. The pastor Andy Stanley made a really good point: If you can believe that Jesus was "just" a good teacher, prophet, good man, etc., but maybe not the "son of God rose from the dead" part: The very same people who saw him be a good teacher, prophet and good man whose testimony you believe are also the same people whose testimony it is that they saw him after he was risen from the dead.
My youngest son had a tooth pulled Monday. My husband took him. Before his appointment that morning, my husband was snapping at me even if I said hi to him and he would glare at me every time he walked past me. Granted, he could have been nervous about our kid being in pain but he could have voiced that to me. No, instead he was a six-foot-tall toddler being a jerk to me. The procedure was very quick and they got home within an hour and then my husband was all smiling and talking to me like nothing ever happened. Jeepers!
Every Saturday morning before my husband goes to teach, he stops at McDonald's to get an egg McMuffin. Last week he found out there is a "breakfast sandwich maker" that you can actually buy. You put the English muffin in two compartments, the cheese and ham next to the top one, and a special tray in the middle to cook the egg in - and in five minutes - ta-da! - your McMuffin is ready. He ordered it off Amazon and I also got a DVD of the movie Zookeeper and a book by Prof. Mark Williams called "Mindfulness - An Eight Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World."
Sometimes I get so many thoughts in my head and I feel like I can't slow them down, and I had looked on YouTube for the shortest guided meditation I could find (since I have the attention span of a gnat when my thoughts are flooding me) and this actual professor personally narrates a three minute one. It really helped me. Next I looked him up on Google and found out he's a professor at Oxford and that he has written some books, and I found one of them on Amazon that looked good. He has a lovely speaking voice - very gentle and soothing, with a soft British accent. Okay, he's pretty good looking too. Anyway, I've read the first four chapters that explain everything and today I'm going to work on Week 1's assignments.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want