skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Six Word Saturday (4/20/13)
Comments on Things in the News
- Saturday night I found out the author Brennan Manning died on 4/12. I had just gotten his book "Ragamuffin Gospel" from the library since I enjoyed reading "Abba's Child" a couple years ago. He had been in poor health for a while so I can't say I was shocked to hear this.
- The Gosnell trial, about that abortion "doctor" in Pennsylvania with the filthy clinic and performing late-term "abortions." The details are horrible and it's been a ping-pong game of media finger pointing because the trial barely got any coverage but now it's getting a little. Even if I agreed with my Facebook friends who post comments about it, I feel like I don't have a right to an opinion because I've had an abortion before.
- The Boston marathon. One of the two guys responsible is dead and the other is in custody (so we get to hear about him through all his trials for the next five years). I wonder why the city officials told everyone to stay home cowering in fear. Now the next dopes who decide to do something bad will know there won't be any resistance then either. After 9/11/01, the people in NYC were told to go on with business as usual, and there are a lot more people there than Boston!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want