Saturday, May 11, 2013

Six Word Saturday (5/11/13)

Work Problem, Presents, and October Baby

Every Monday my supervisor emails me the job numbers for all the assignments I typed the previous week so I can put them on my invoice and email it back for payment.  One Monday about eleven months ago I didn't get the job numbers emailed to me, so I waited till the next week thinking I'd get them for sure then.  But the next Monday I got only the job numbers for the previous week like usual, so my supervisor had to "figure out what happened."  When I finally got the numbers, it was sent by someone else because my supervisor got fired.  Anyway, two weeks ago I didn't get the email for my job numbers, my "new" supervisor had to figure out what happened, and somebody else sent me the numbers.  I hope my second supervisor didn't get canned.

Me and my husband's anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks.  I ordered something from Personalization Mall and also ordered a personalized card.  The present is a canvas art:

Personalized Wedding Gift Canvas Art - Life Together - 10354

For our personalized fill-ins, I listed most of our vacation destinations for the past 15 years.  I also put our kids' names, our current dogs' names, my husband's website name, and M*A*S*H (since we watch an episode every night).  I'm hoping he will like it.  For the card, it says "Happy 15th Anniversary" on the outside, and inside I quoted something from "Taxi"!  Louie (the lovable-but-awful dispatcher) had the chance to see his ex-girlfriend Zena before she left on her honeymoon.  Alex (the "smart" cab driver) was annoyed that Louie missed her wedding and said he (Louie) could've said something classy to her like "Happiness is hard to come by in this life and you've given me more than my share."  Louie barges in Zena and her new husband's room on the cruise ship and at first starts fighting with her husband so Zena tries to kick him out.  He ends up doing the right thing and dejectedly tells her that sweet line.  So that's what I quoted in my card, because I know my husband will remember that episode.

Thursday night I went to San Albino Catholic Church in Mesilla for another pizza/movie night.  The movie was "October Baby."  I had heard a little about the movie (a girl who was born from a failed abortion attempts to find her birth mother).  Even the KnockTV series "Surrender the Secret" included watching the movie and included some clips from it in that episode.  I came away from the movie thinking it felt really short!  I also wish there had been more of a story about the "abortive mother" because she wasn't in the movie very long.  Also to me the movie didn't imply that the abortive mother and the girl had any more connection after the initial one.  I had kept a napkin with me in case I cried during the movie but I never even teared up.  I will say that John Schneider looked AMAZING in this movie - HOT even!!  Oh my goodness.  He plays the adoptive dad of the girl in the movie.  I remember him from his Bo Duke days on Dukes of Hazard in the '70s and then his country star mustache days in the '90s.  But now!  Hummina, hummina! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want