Saturday, May 4, 2013

Six Word Saturday (5/4/13)

Triangle Meal, Anniversary, and Dr. Gosnell

A week ago I went to the monthly gathering of past Rachel's Vineyard retreat attendees for lunch.  The theme was "triangle meal," i.e., all the food was in the shape of a triangle.  They had ordered pizza from someone who made low-salt healthier pizza (and it wasn't that good).  Triangle-shaped crackers and cheese.  They also served a half a dozen different kinds of cheesecake.  I didn't talk much.  After we finished eating, we prayed a rosary and then went home.

Wednesday (May 1) was my son's real first wedding anniversary.  They pretended to elope on Halloween before he left for USAF basic training and my husband had insisted they were lying and he kept checking for a marriage license online and finally found one for May 1, 2012.  Her parents signed as witnesses.  They married in a park in town and left me out.  (Maybe if my husband wasn't such a PRICK we could've been included, right?)  The other really strange thing about that is May 1st is my son's ex-girfriend Somara's birthday.  I wonder if he did that intentionally to get back at her or something.  At any rate, I went to counseling and talked about his "real" anniversary and how much I miss Somara, and I actually felt comfortable enough to cry.

Another "anniversary" of sorts on May 1 was the first day back on the internet for Paul Miller of tech site TheVerge.com.  He gave up the internet for a year - no email, no YouTube, no Google!  He wrote articles about it and put them on a zip drive for his employer to upload.  I followed the whole Offline series and it was pretty good.  He summed up his experience by saying, "The internet doesn't make me who I am; I do it to myself, thanks."  In other words, he thought the internet had been a big time-waster for him, but when he didn't have access to it, he found other stuff to waste his time on.  That just inspires me to be more aware of what I was doing online myself.

This trial of Dr. Gosnell is driving me crazy, I tell you.  Granted, the media supposedly isn't covering it very well but I can (and do) find plenty about it on the internet.  I bet you he'll be acquitted or at least just given fines.  I feel that shedding light on other clinics that admit they leave babies in failed abortion attempts to just die is actually helping the defense in Gosnell's case, as sick as that sounds, because to me it seems like saying "everyone's doing it so it must be okay."  Anyway, I found a transcript of a nurse's testimony at a 1996 hearing about "partial-birth abortion" (where everything but the head is delivered and then ensuring demise), and even as a LEGAL procedure, "I saw the baby move in the pan.  I asked another nurse and she said it was just 'reflexes.'"  Sound familiar?  Well, as I said, I bet this jerk walks free till he has to answer to God.  When he dies, he'll be in hell with the asshole who performed my abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want