We're Counting Down to Summer Vacation
I don't know what to think about Dr. Gosnell being found guilty and having to spend life in prison. I think the media's all too glad to put the abortion industry back in the closet even though there is information about another Gosnell-like doctor in Texas. Unfortunately, I don't think abortion will ever be banned outright no matter how many atrocities get exposed.
In counseling Wednesday we were talking about how most of my paralyzing fears stem from people thinking I need help and can't do it on my own. For example, after my first divorce everyone would basically nag me that I needed to go after my ex for child support, insinuating that I couldn't make it without the extra money. I wish I hadn't let their nagging bother me. I should have told them how he couldn't hold a job for more than a couple months when we were married and drank the money away anyway, so it was only my income that was used to "make it." Trying something new always paralyzes me, and people aren't helping when they tell me to be careful or tell me to take someone with me or whatever.
Since I missed the showing of the Mother Teresa movie at San Albino two months ago, someone loaned me the VHS tape and I watched it Thursday. Mother Teresa acted like Jesus to people, taking care of them and loving them. She also explained that she and the other nuns do everything as an act of love to God, like treating everyone like they were Jesus. I thought it was a pretty good movie. I didn't realize she actually wasn't FROM India but was just "sent" there.
And then yesterday, after two days of my daughter complaining and acting like she was going to die, I took her to the doctor's again. My husband thinks she's just being dramatic so he acts really impatient with her. She screamed at me that she wanted to feel better and I felt helpless because she vetoed everything I was suggesting she try. It really makes me feel like a bad mother when I don't know exactly how to make her feel better and everyone blames me. The doctor tested her for strep again but thinks it's just allergies, so she's supposed to take Claritin.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment if you want