Saturday, September 19, 2009
Cat dream
As I’ve said before, I like to keep track of my dreams because I rarely remember them. Last night I dreamed that a shoebox-sized box was delivered by UPS and I opened one end of it. There was a cat stuffed inside. I pulled him out and he was all limp like a rag doll but he was alive. I asked my husband why did he get me a cat because I hate cats. He told me there were only five of these cats left in the whole world, and he saw it for sale on eBay and just had to buy it for me. Once I started examining the limp cat in my arms, I realized why he was so rare! He had gold eyes, the color of real gold. His fur was like a patchwork quilt of black and dark blue fur. Except looking closer I could see the blue fur actually had a tiny sapphire at the tip of each strand of fur. The black fur had a tiny diamond on each strand. So this cat sparkled like crazy. And then I noticed for the border of each patch of fur there was a gold (actual gold) line going vertically and a silver (actual silver) line going horizontally, and his ears were gold-lined. This cat was breathtaking! So I wrapped him up in a blanket and we went to bed, and I figured by morning he wouldn’t be so traumatized from his trip in the box. I marveled that he was even alive because the box had packing tape all over it and there were no holes in it for air. In my dream, before I fell asleep I was listing in my head all the things we would need to get for him the next day – a litter box, Meow Mix, a collar – and then I also decided we better check and make sure he was really a “he” too, because I couldn’t think of a name for him at first. I was thinking of “Dave”, as in Diamond Dave (what David Lee Roth used to be called until people started calling him “out-of-the-closet Dave”), but then I decided if the cat turned out to be a boy I’d call him Jewelian (like Julian) and if it was a girl just Jewel, so in my dream I went to sleep and then I woke up for real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't know why the font is so big and I can't fix it, sorry. ~Debbie
ReplyDeleteWow what a dream & I'm not a big fan of cats but i would have liked to seen that one. I liked the names you had picked out to. :0)
ReplyDeleteCaroline
That's an interesting cat dream for sure! What a fancy and expensive cat!! I like the names :)
ReplyDelete