My husband took the day off today and I was talking to him about all this when I got home, and he said something kind of neat. He said that deep inside I am a 5'10" leggy blonde who's very friendly even though my outside is freakish and worries what people think. He also said if I were a 5'10" leggy blonde on the outside, I wouldn't have given him the time of day, so he appreciates me the way I am.
Tonight (Wed.) we went to the Jeff Dunham concert. Most of his stuff that I've seen on Youtube is pretty funny, especially Achmed.

But unfortunately Jeff cursed a lot (it's bleeped out of the videos I've seen) and there were several adult jokes and themes (thankfully my kids didn't "get" it), but nonetheless it was kind of disappointing. In a way I'm happy to see that God has been working on my heart (and mind) since I wasn't amused by the language and crassness. Adrian Rogers said, "God doesn't modify our behavior in order to change us. He changes us in order to modify our behavior." People think that Christians don't "get to" do anything fun (a/k/a sinful), but lately I've been noticing (like tonight) that once God starts pouring you into that Jesus-shaped mold of His, you don't even "want to" sin. (So cool, God...)

Your counselor has some great words.
ReplyDeleteThe puppet guy is funny but yeah, he can be crude!!
And you're right those sinful things don't hold appeal like they used to.