... MUSIC!
Some people at our church put on a concert called Christmas Jams at an old theater downtown. Last year I missed it, but this year I got to go (last night). It was spectacular!! They did a lot of songs from Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller (loud guitars and drums, the whole bit). At the end of the Thanksgiving dinner at church last week, they showed a little clip of a previous Christmas Jams, and we thought it sounded so good on the tape but my husband joked that they were just pretending to play. So he picked me up after the concert and I told him, "No. They were THAT good."
Here's a short (2:48) clip of one of the cool songs they did (this is actually TSO's version). And, of course, (longer clip) the one and only true Christmas Jam! Man. Anyway, I was so stoked. They also played Mannheim's Little Drummer Boy which I hadn't heard before till last night and I liked it.
Yesterday on Keep Believing Ministries' blog I heard about this guy Steve Tanner who releases a Christmas song on mp3 free for download, one per day till Christmas. Dec. 1 was "It's a Small World Holiday" (music from Disney's Christmas parade) and today's is "Hawaiian Santa." Wow, 25 songs will make a really nice CD. Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music
Here's a short (2:48) clip of one of the cool songs they did (this is actually TSO's version). And, of course, (longer clip) the one and only true Christmas Jam! Man. Anyway, I was so stoked. They also played Mannheim's Little Drummer Boy which I hadn't heard before till last night and I liked it.
Yesterday on Keep Believing Ministries' blog I heard about this guy Steve Tanner who releases a Christmas song on mp3 free for download, one per day till Christmas. Dec. 1 was "It's a Small World Holiday" (music from Disney's Christmas parade) and today's is "Hawaiian Santa." Wow, 25 songs will make a really nice CD. Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music

I bet that was a great concert!!
ReplyDelete