Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sleep needed

On Steve's 25 Days of Christmas, yesterday's song was "North Pole Comedy Club" by the Muppets and today's is actually two songs, one a jingle from the post office from 1966 about putting zip codes on your Christmas cards and the other is "Santa and the Purple People Eater."

I go see my counselor today. I know I do a lot of "projecting" onto him but right now I'm angry because I'm thinking when I tell him I haven't been sleeping that great, he will be apathetic. I've been staying up as late as I can, till I can't keep my eyes open, so that I don't have to worry about not being able to fall asleep, but then I have crazy scary dreams and wake up 3-4 hours later. I feel like a ZOMBIE! My problem is I don't even KNOW what reaction I want from him or other people when I say I'm not sleeping.

Last night's dream was such a doozy, it's still with me. It had elements of a bunch themes of crummy things that have happened to me. In my dream I was at a music camp where we stayed in little cabins outside. (I can't carry a tune in a bucket so that should've tipped me off right there that it was a dream, but I WAS in handbell choir for a while.) The songs we practiced in my dream were really hard and I wasn't singing it right and felt really upset, and everyone around me was totally oblivious to the fact I was crying (this actually did happen in handbells). So that night I soaked bath towels in gasoline and lit them on fire and threw them on top of the roof of the choir director's cabin, and I went back in my cabin and went to sleep. In the morning there was just a big pile of ashes where the choir director's cabin - and the choir director - had been. And everyone's all crying and nobody even suspected it was me who did it because I'm physically weak. But in my dream I got really paranoid thinking that eventually they will figure it out. So that's the point I woke up! And GET THIS - I was actually laying in bed trying to figure out how I could just stay in my house for the next 50 years because I knew people would be able to tell I killed someone if I ever went out in public! I was actually laying there wondering if my counselor could do a phone session so I wouldn't have to go outside today, and I was trying not to cry and all of a sudden I remembered IT WAS A DREAM! So I went from scared/crying to wanting to laugh with relief and that felt so strange. I know our house is a dump right now and I do feel like just setting it on fire because it's never going to stay clean. I mean, I just cleaned Saturday and already the living room's trashed.

Probably not making much sense but I'm really tired, but I just wanted a record of the dream I had.

1 comment:

  1. How off the wall that dream is! Like you'd actually set fire to your choir director's cabin. lol Sometimes you wonder where those kinds of dreams come from.

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want